There is a piece of good news for programmers who utilize Python as the top programming language for their professional work. This programming language has released its latest Python version known as Python 3.10 for more efficient work on October 4, 2021. It offers some exciting features for programmers to harness in organizations. Python is used for understanding computer science, perform complicated scientific computing tasks and many more applications in data science or quantum computing. Let’s explore some of the exciting features of Python 3.10 to know more about what this latest Python version has to offer.
Exciting features of Python 3.10 for programmers
- PEP 623: Programmers can deprecate and prepare for the removal of the wasted member in PyUnicodeObject
- PEP 604: It allows programmers to write union types as X|Y instead of Union[X,Y]
- PEP 612: It offers parameter specification variables in this latest Python version
- PEP 626: Python 3.10 provides precise line numbers for debugging and other tools
- bpo-12782: This programming language provides parenthesized context managers are now officially allowed
- PEP 632: It allows programming language to deprecate distutils module
- PEP 634: The latest version presents structural pattern matching and specification
- PEP 635: Python 3.10 provides structural pattern matching, motivation, and rationale
- PEP 636: It also offers structural pattern matching as well as a tutorial for programmers
- PEP 644: The latest Python version requires OpenSSL 1.1.1 or newer to develop CPython
- PEP 624: This feature of Python 3.10 offers removal of Py_UNICODE encoder APIs
- PEP 597: This feature has added optional EncodingWarning
These exciting features of the latest Python version provide assistance to programmers with better error reporting as well as smarter typing syntax. It has generated a far more useful error that is focused on delivering more appropriate information regarding the potential error as well as detecting multiple places of errors. This feature of Python 3.10 has reduced the frustration level of programmers to seek errors for avoiding serious consequences in the future. There are two additional typing features of Python 3.10— typing.ParamSpec and typing.Concatenate.
typing.ParamSpec helps programmers to indicate the place to capture positional as well as keyword arguments whereas, typing.Concatenate helps these coders to indicate how arguments are added or removed with decorators. The implementation of structural pattern matching is present in the latest Python version that enables programmers to perform the same match-case logic depending on the structure of a comparison object is same as the given pattern.
Python 3.10 can help programmers to activate a warning during an opening of text files without any specific encoding type. There are two additional built-in functions in Asynchronous programming for more readable coding— aiter() and anext().
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author