Over the years, businesses and the general public have been waiting for easier and swifter payment methods for online stores. With the growing popularity of cryptocurrency, there has been a spike in the global adoption of cryptos, especially for bitcoin. From large tech companies to small retailers, the list of businesses accepting payments in cryptos keeps growing rapidly. Even online retail stores have also started accepting digital currencies as payments. In this article, we have compiled a list of 10 online stores that are currently accepting crypto payments.
• Overstock: Overstock was one of the first big online retailers that started accepting bitcoin for their products in 2014. This online store allows its customers to pay for a wide of products in bitcoin. The customers interested in paying in digital assets can do so by selecting the currency. Once the payment is sent, the system converts the currency into bitcoin to complete the transaction.
• Shopify: Shopify is a world-class e-commerce platform that allows merchants to set up their online shops and sell goods in a similar way to Amazon, eBay, and other giant online stores. The store allows bitcoin payments through a service called BitPay. Shopify’s site itself cannot use bitcoin payments its SaaS algorithm does not support digital currencies.
• Expedia: It is one of the world’s largest online booking agencies, that has been allowing bitcoins payments since 2014. Expedia partnered with Coinbase to implement this new payment method which has proved to be a success in the last couple of years. But unfortunately, Expedia is accepting bitcoin payments for hotel bookings only.
• Sapna: Sapna is one of India’s most popular online book stores. It also deals with electronic gadgets, gifts, healthcare products, and toys for children. Sapna accepts bitcoin for numerous products. When customers attempt to pay in bitcoin, they will notice a pop-up and within 30 minutes, the payment will be processed by Unocoin.
• Domino’s Pizza: PizzaforCoins has facilitated cryptocurrency payments for some of the leading pizza takeaways, including Domino’s Pizza. Customers can place their order on the company’s website, choose the wide range of pizzas, and then make the payment through cryptocurrency.
• Planet Express: Planet Express is a US mail and package forwarding service for individuals who live outside the US. It is especially helpful for e-commerce companies that have international clients and want to send packages abroad. It is currently supporting payments in bitcoin, which is making it easier for businesses to pay for the services that they request.
• Nafa: Nafa is an online gift card platform that accepts not only Bitcoin but also ethereum and litecoin. The platform is responsible for providing tons of e-gift cards and voucher services to websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Nike, Pizza Hut, and PVR Cinemas, to name a few.
• Newegg: Newegg is a popular electronic retail company that accepts bitcoin as a standard payment method using BitPay as its official payment processing partner. The company accepts crypto payments for several products and services, like marketplace items, gift cards, premier memberships, and so on.
• HighKart: This e-commerce store is poised to be a leading online store that accepts the integration of bitcoin payments in India. The store offers a numerous range of products like mobiles, clothes, electronic gadgets, and even crypto-mining types of equipment. The business focuses on evolving its traditional business models with the growing crypto landscape in the country.
• eGifter: It is an online service that allows customers to purchase gift cards using cryptocurrencies. They offer zero confirmation buying, which allows the processing of crypto transactions in a fast and easy way. Users can get reward points of approximately two cents on every dollar spent on bitcoin.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy