Neural networks, also known as artificial neural networks (ANNs) or simulated neural networks (SNNs), are a subset of machine learning and are at the core of deep learning algorithms. Neural networks mimic the human brain structure and got the name from it.
Alike the human brain, neural networks are trained to learn, recognize patterns, and make predictions in a humanoid fashion as well as solve problems in diverse industries.
In the modern world, neural networks (NN) are revolutionizing business and everyday routine, taking us to the next level of artificial intelligence.
As a move to know more about neural networks, let us look into some unfamiliar and less spoken applications of the technology.
- Aircraft Systems: In the aviation and aeronautical industry, a Neural network is embedded in Aircraft component fault detectors and simulations, aircraft control systems, high-performance auto-piloting, and flight path simulations.
- Generating Image Descriptions: A combination of CNNs and RNNs is used to provide a description of what exactly is happening inside an image. CNN does the segmentation part and RNN then uses the segmented data to recreate the description.
- Call center Analysis: By running a tone analysis algorithm to measure the emotions and sentiments related to various parts of the conversation, it helps businesses identify when the customer is satisfied with the service and support and when a customer has faced issues.
- Bomb detection: Neural Network approachesThermal Neutron Analysis (TNA), or more commonly, SNOOPE, developed by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) can help in detecting bombs in suitcases.
- Stock Market: Using historical data, the neural network can make predictions for stock market indices and stock values on basis of diverse parameters.
- Snapchat Filters: Surprised? Yes, using facial recognition algorithm, the neural network makes the autogenerated basic layout of the face and then attach new filter effects as per your choice.
- Image classification: Besides planting its footprint in facial recognition, the neural network is also being applied to image recognition and classification. By placing an image in a given class and drawing a bounding box around an object, the neural network can locate the image.
- Stop future pandemics: The one thing we have learned from the Covid-19 pandemic is to always be prepared for any sudden circumstance. Complex neural networks are implied to cameras to find a person’s temperature. If the elevated temperature is high, it sends warning signs.
Share This Article
Do the sharing thingy
More info about author